Alexey "Sokrat" Sutuga

Moscow ABC advises that letters in English are seldom accepted in Russian prisons, so if you do not have a chance to write in Russian (i.e. by using simply phrases and translating them by a translation program), just send photos and postcards.
Alexey was arrested on April 5, 2014. He was going back with friends from the show in the club Rock House, when several plain clothes police officers approached to them near “Izmaylovskaya” metro station, they called themselves the criminal investigators from Petrovka, 38. On the 7th of April it became known that he was charged in the criminal offense (“hooliganism in the group of people”), to be exact, the fight with nazis on the 2nd of January 2014. Alexey himself says that on the evening of the 2nd of January, he tried to intervene streetfighting between two groups of people he did not know in prior.At the trial on September 30, 2014, he was sentenced by Zamoskvoretskiy Court in Moscow to three years and one month in prison for his alleged involvement.

Alexey Sutuga has been a member of Autonomous Action since the early 2000s. He was first active in Irkutsk and then in Moscow. He participated in every single major campaign of the anarchist movement in the past ten years, and supported the journal Avtonom. In 2007, he joined the ecological protest camp against uranium enrichment in city of Angarsk in Siberia, which was assaulted by nationalists in the early morning hours. Ilya Borodaenko from Nahodka of Pacific Ocean was murdered there, and a number of other visitors of the camp were seriously wounded.

News on the persecution against Alexey Sutuga:

The Butyrka prison also has a form which can be used in order to send letters: However, this form is only in Russian and paying for this service (minimal payment is around 1.20 euros) requires either a Russian bank account or an account with some internet payment system, common in Russia (such as yandex.dengi or webmoney). In the form, you must indicate year of birth of Sutuga - - 1986.

Previous cases:

He was arrested in April 2012 and remained in prison accused along with Alexey Olesinov and Alyon Volikov of having taken part in an incident in the Moscow club "Vozdukh," where on December 17, 2011, during a punk-hardcore concert, a conflict between the audience and the security took place. The club security, consisted of supporters of the far right, and were provoking guests. Due to the conflict, the concert was stopped prematurely, but the security attempted to take some guests hostage, threatening them with punishment from their friends - nationalist football hooligans. Concert guests resisted, the security opened fire with rubber coated metal bullets, but soon the concert-goers gained the upper hand and the security was neutralised and sent to the hospital. He was released on bail in July 2013, and amnestied in January 2014 on the eve of the Sochi Winter Olympics as part of the amnesty bill, approved as a PR stunt on initiative of Vladimir Putin. More on the 2012 case of the Moscow anti-fascists:




Support Group Email: 

Support Group Facebook: